Saturday, 19 May 2012

Syndicate

I would like to point out that yes, this game has a multiplayer mode.  I have not tried the multiplayer mode and this review reflects the single player campaign only.

The gameplay is high-paced and immersive with a pretty captivating story.  You are a digitally enhanced agent of a megacorporation fighting for market domination.  The atmosphere is both gorgeous and emotionally disconnected. This is the future, cool and indifferent, and Syndicate does an impressive job of bringing this vision of the future to life.  In many ways reminiscent of Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

There are a variety of cool and unusual weapons, and your character's 'enhancement' abilities add a pretty fun element to the game.  Plot twists and high quality graphics certainly boost Syndicate's rankings.  EA didn't cheap out on the voiceovers and motion capture either.  Using such hollywood actors as Brian Cox and Rosario Dawson.  I'll admit, I had a hard time walking away from this one.  However, the campaign ends quickly and abruptly.  Leaving the player feeling somewhat robbed of a proper ending.  In total it took me less than 6 hours to complete.  And that I found rather disappointing.

RPG rating: 7/10
Overall: 6/10



Haven't played it? Get it Here

No comments:

Post a Comment