Saturday, 19 May 2012

Game of Thrones

Where to start? Decent graphics, particularly the NPCs.  Not quite top quality for this day and age, but good all the same.  Not having read the books or watched the shows I cannot comment on how accurate it is.  And at times I was a little lost with the plot and conversations.

All the same, a fun game.  Good selection of weapons and armor.  You don't have a "party" like in many RPGs, but rather, other characters seem to come and go as they please.  While this can be a little frustrating, those extra characters open the door for some pretty cool combo attacks.  Overall combat is pretty simple, requiring little strategy, but still reasonably challenging (think DA:O).

I suspect I would have found this game far more enjoyable if I had read the books ahead of time.  Playing these games has inspired me to do just that.  If you are a fan of the books or show, I'd say give it a try.  If you're a fan that has also played the game, leave a comment and let me know what you thought.

RPG rating: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

Haven't played it?  Get it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment